“As for the garden of mint, the very smell of it alone recovers and refreshes our spirits, as the taste stirs up our appetite…” Pliny.
For centuries mint has been considered an aphrodisiac. Aristotle advised Alexander the Great to ban his soldiers for drinking mint tea during campaigns because he believed it to be an aphrodisiac.
This soup contains plenty of mint. It is refreshing, healthy and would pair well with water crackers.
Here are the ingredients:
Two small cucumbers.
We need some fresh mint, about a cup.
Chicken stock, one cup.
Just one cup.
Also, a cup of fresh dill.
First we need to chop the cucumbers into small cubes.
Blend them together with the chicken stock, dill and mint.
Transfer to a bowl and season with pepper.
Then whisk in the yogurt until is blended.
Add salt if needed.
We are done.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Garnish with dill or mint.
2 small Cucumbers
1 Cup of fresh Mint
1 Cup of fresh Dill
1 Cup of Chicken stock
1 Cup of plain Yogurt
Salt and ground Pepper
- Chop the cucumbers into small chunks.
- Blend them together with chicken stock, dill and mint.
- Transfer to a bowl and season with pepper.
- Then whisk in the yogurt until is blended. Add salt if needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Garnish with dill or mint.